Zebra matcha & charcoal cheesecake // a Buzzfeed Tasty recipe


EN

I'm by no secret a sweettooth and so I love things like a cheesecake no doubt about that. And I also love healthy version of baked goods, no doubt about that either because as a sweettooth I need to stay conscious that too much of the things I love (like a cheesecake) is a no-no for my body.

When I saw this famous 2 min Buzzfeed Tasty recipe video about a 'lighter raspberry cheesecake' I was sold and very eager to try it out. It seems I can cheat healthy after all!

Buzzfeed Tasty usually uses American measurements and I confess, me being a Dutchy/European I don't like it but o well. Despite that I manage to get the right proportion (I hope?) and I also added a little twist to this recipe: matcha & edible charcoal which I turned it into an awesome zebra marble effect!
  
NL

Ja, ik ben een zoetekauw. Niks nieuws natuurlijk en daardoor ben ik bijvoorbeeld een grote fan van cheesecake! Ik ben ook fan van de gezonde baksels, want eerlijk is eerlijk voor ieder zoetekauw is 't ongetwijfeld gevaarlijk om alleen de lekkere slechte dingen (zoals cheesecake) te snoepen.

Dus toen ik een van de welbekende 2 min video's van Buzzfeed Tasty dat over een 'gezonde frambozen cheesecake' ging, was ik om. Ik ga deze maken! 


Een nadeel van Buzzfeed Tasty is de Amerikaanse dosering vind ik. Deze moet ik altijd aanpassen en veranderen naar de afwegingen die ik wel ken, maar hopelijk is deze wel gelukt voor het recept van vandaag. Daarnaast een kleine twist van mezelf: matcha & eetbaar houtskool en deze in een mooie zebra marble effect getoverd! 

❝Zweef
de cursor
voor Nederlandse
vertaling!
The Recipe
226 gr cream cheese (16 ounces) room temp.
500 ml Greek yogurt (2 cups)
⅓ cup of honey or other sweetener
2 eggs
2 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tbsp. matcha powder (optional)
1 tsp. edible black bamboo charcoal (optional)
10 pieces of graham crackers or digestive biscuits + 3 tbsp. milk
How to create zebra marble effect:

Done!
And I`m quite pleased! Despite this odd looking glossy top? Hm! Maybe I have made it too runny? I also havent used the waterbath-method since the recipe didn`t asked for it. So maybe because of that. I don`t know.
Though it still tasted pretty good and creamy and the marble zebra effect looks spot on!
The original Buzzfeed Tasty recipe
`lighter raspberry cheesecake`:
» LINK
The Steps
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grab a 23 cm (9-inch) Ø springform ready.
2. In a bowl crush the graham crackers/biscuits to crumbs and add in the milk to it until the crumbs and milk creates a fine texture similar to `wet sand`.
3. Drop the bottom crumbs in the springform and press with the back of a large spoon or cup against the bottom of the springform to form a crust. Bake the crust for about 10-15 min in the oven and let it cool after. Reduce oven to 150°C (300°F).
4. In a large bowl add in the cream cheese and whisk gently until it is smooth. Add in the honey. Mix. Add in the Greek yoghurt. Mix. And finally the in the eggs. Mix.
5. If you don`t want to create a `zebra` effect in the cheesecake just skip this step and move on to step 6. Otherwise: grab another bowl and pour half of the cream cheese batter in. Now you have two bowls of cream cheese batter where you add the matcha powder and in the other one the edible charcoal powder. Gently fold both batter with a spatula until everything is well combined. Get the prepared springform and two ladle or large spoon ready.

ZEBRA EFFECT MAKING: scoop up one generous spoon of matcha batter (or charcoal batter it doesn`t really matter which goes first) and try to pour it perfect in the center on top of the crust in the springform. Let is run a bit until it creates a large round. Then scoop up one generous spoon of charcoal batter and drop it exactly in the center of that matcha batter layer we made first. Let this charcoal batter run a bit before dropping the second layer of matcha on top. Now it looks like we have created a black circle with a green border. Keep continuing in taking turns of dropping both batter and you`ll end up with many layers on top of each other which results this zebra effect.
6. When you poured the batter in the springform bake the cheesecake for about 1 hour and let it cool down for 30 minutes and place it in the fridge for 2 hours atleast (or overnight) before serving.

Comments

  1. I've watched soooo many Tasty videos, but admittedly, I've never tried making any of the recipes myself! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Audrey! Like you were trying out that sangria beverage before :D Xx

      Delete
  2. Yum I LOooooove cheesecake too but the Japanese kind is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooo! I love love love the Japanese cheesecake as well ^_^ it is so fluffy! Xx

      Delete
  3. This is such a cool looking dessert!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! It looks so creative and I'm sure tasty! I've seen this viral video of a matcha mousse cake and I would love to try to make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, this zebra pattern in cakes are quite trending at the moment ^_^ You should totally try it out yourself! It's not hard at all to make c: Xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

You might also like...

DIY: Mini Whip Cream

DIY: Crochet banana

DIY: Crochet Miniature Cinnamon Rolls